This article will help you answer why importing values from a Google sheet doesn’t work or only some of the values are synced
In most cases, the reason why the import is failing or syncing only some of the numbers is because of an inconsistent reporting period columns (date row). In the Google Sheet, the reporting period columns have to be chronologically in order from left to right, e.g. Q12021, Q2021, Q32021, Q42021, Y2021, Q12022...
Please also make sure:
- Your sheet is in a google sheet format (not xlsx).
- When inserting historic metrics data, please use only full values, not abbreviations. For example: don't use 1 K or 1 M.
- Please don't use dots or commas in between numbers unless they indicate actual decimals. For example: type 1000000 instead of 1,000,000.00.
- If a metric's unit is a percentage, don't use percentage formatting (you can indicate the metric to be a percentage on the metric title (please see an example, Churn Rate, on Example Company A tab).
- The table does not support letters or special characters.