Learn how to update your ownership, fair value or company valuation
To add investments, realizations or a valuation update to a portfolio company, you must be a VC admin or a VC member who has access to the fund to which your company is assigned.
Rundit automatically asks for a post transaction update whenever you’ve added a transaction that affects your ownership in the company. You can also update your ownership, fair value or company valuation manually at any point of time if for example you need to add funding rounds that you didn’t participate in, but they still affect your ownership share.
- Navigate to the top bar and select APP -> go to the left side menu and click the Investments page.
- Hit the button Add Transaction at the top right of the screen or click the plus icon next to a company that you want to make a valuation update to.
- Select Update Ownership/ Fair Value.
- Select the target company, add the date of transaction and the correct currency. Insert total number of shares in the company (fully diluted) and price per share.
- Rundit will automatically calculate the updated company post-money valuation. You can select the valuation method from the dropdown under Valuation method.
- Under the number of shares per fund you can see the number of shares owned by each fund and fund level ownership percentage.
- Tick Yes to the question “Is this ownership / valuation update related to company’s funding round” to include information about the funding round. You can enter the funding round, your role in the round and information on co-investors.
- At the next step, you can select whether you’d like to use the default fair value calculation or enter a custom fair value calculation.
- Add any additional information at the next step, and finalize the update by hitting the update state button at the update summary step.